Tuesday, August 7, 2012

sweep the streets I used to own

Hello my little mosters
So I promised that someday i'm gonna move my ass and take some photos of my very first dress designed on a mannequin, so here it issssss


it's a basic floral dress made out of  some curtain fabric i found at secondhand shop, some lace and sewing stuff, so total cost of making sth like that is around 7 dollars, looooots of time (naaaa, if you really wanted to do it, you would finish it in a week, i'm just a lazy person) and of course - a sewing machine, which is my mom's :3 I'm using a brother sewing machine and I don't think I'm going to ever buy myself one :D oh and it doesn't zip all the way in the back just because the mannequin does not quite matches my body and has bigger chest. I would show you how it looks on me, but i kind of didn't wanted to play all of this styling crap, i thought it would look kind of plain without anything.  


here you can see the lace endings (it's on all of the edges), this particular is on the bottom and was a lot easier to sew on that I thought. 



 just the close up on the back and the zipper nicely sewed in (good job! haha)





and the front, kind of looks like a corset, which exactly was my point. I didn't use any patterns from a book or sth, I was doing most of it without measurements and all that crap, of course I measured lengths, but not played around with planning everything. I remember the day I found this fabric, i couldn't believe it was soo gorgeous and cost me less than 5 dollars.... So yeah, this is a memorable dress, the first one I ever made.

 and here are all of the pins i'm using to keep the dress i'm making now in place, it's really naughty if it's about sitting straight on the form, kind of hard to work with.

 Also i wanted to show you my little treasures I found on a secondhand shop yesterday (goosh I sound like a homeless person not having any normal, brand new clothes), it was monday, so the prices was the highest it could be, so i always try to kind of think about everything i'm buying, cuz i don't wanna cross the 5 dollar line.


 here's the shirt (actually only the bottom, i didn't want to show my bra to the entire universe) it just got my heart, it's the look before, cuz i'm planning to make it shorter, wider and do sth interesting with the sleeves.




 I really liked the foldings all over the front and the buttons are just adorable :3


 I was kind of worried about the quality of the fabric, the threads are a little pulled out.

Ok, and the second thing is the Jack Daniel's t-shirt, which I jus couldn't believe i found! now i can be the most hipster child ever and don't worry that someone is more hipster than me, it's not possible. Well, sorry about the mirror thing, i just was out of ideas how to make it work (tim gunn) and i kind of wanned to get it over with.
Oh, and look at my space nails:


 Love them and the fact this photo was taken 3 days ago and I still have them on untouched (bored with them, gonna make another ones in a sec :D)

Ok so without any more words i'm saying goodbye to all of you, have a great life!

No comments:

Post a Comment